We are the ultimate answer to your damaged or broken garage door and related needs here in the Litchfield Township area. A garage door is one of the most basic, yet most important requirements of your everyday life. When you get ready for your office and open the door to your garage with just a flick of your garage gate opener remote, you never realize what an essential tool it is. However, when something goes wrong with your garage gate opener and you have no option of getting to your car, and you are getting late to your office, you realize how important it is to your daily life. Thus, when your overhead door begins to malfunction, it is important that you perform the garage door repair at the soonest.
Choosing a Garage Door Repair Service
Everyone feels proud whenever they are able to do something that professionals do. This is why DIY projects have become so popular with homeowners. Most people feel that by doing repairs by themselves, they learn more about how certain contraptions work, and at the same time save money. However, there may be instances wherein you have to go and seek professional help - with garage door repair being one of these things. Here are some reasons why:
· Garage doors are big and heavy. Normal maintenance of your doors like oiling and dusting hard to reach corners are easy tasks you can do on your own, but if you are new when it comes to repairs, the degree of work needed for part replacements may be too much for you to handle on your own. These doors weigh a lot and can hurt you if you're not too careful. Many people have had fingers caught in the hinges or a foot stuck in their doors while doing repairs. While cuts and bruises might seem like small things, having a garage door suddenly falling on you isn't.
· Professional services actually save you more money. The reason why most people love DIY work is because they can save money that they normally use to pay technicians and repairmen. However, ask any experienced repairman and they'll tell you most calls that they get are from people who attempted to fix things on their own but unwittingly made matters worse. A simple part replacement can turn into something graver when an inexperienced hand does the work. If you don't know what's wrong with them after you perform simple inspections, then let a professional eye give it a whirl. Also, most DIY repairs are temporary and only aims to fix the problem immediately. However, this also lessens the lifespan of the doors in your garage in general because it doesn't address the cause of the problem in the first place.
· It's more secure. Having your doors suddenly jam at the most inconvenient of times might tempt you into doing the job yourself, but make sure it doesn't compromise your security. These are great entryways for intruders, especially if the doors are broken. Boarding up your doors in the meantime, or using temporary repair measures may make your home a great target for burglars.
The good thing about professional garage door repair services is that one is never too far away. If you're ever in need of professional garage door repair a simple search on the internet or on the yellow pages can give you the start you need.
Garage Door Repair - Problems and Fixes
Having a stuck garage door can be so infuriating; it almost makes you feel like driving through it. Several people find themselves in this situation, especially during winter. Instead of getting frustrated, use your skills and do some troubleshooting techniques to resolve the issue.
First, take a few minutes to examine the door to see if its safety features are working properly. Sometimes the manufacturer's safety features may prevent the door from opening. If that doesn't work, perhaps these troubleshooting tips will. Here are some of the steps you could take before you call in a company offering garage door repair services:
1. Typically most doors have settings like vacation or automatic lock modes. If the door is set to this mode, then it will not open, even with the remote. They must be unlocked manually and set back to normal position from inside the garage.
2. Check the battery for the remote operator and see if it is still charged. If you use rechargeable batteries, then this could be the problem. Replace the batteries and see if the remote is powering on. If you are able to operate the door from the controls inside the garage, then your remote is to blame.
3. Check if the cables and power supply are in position. Sometimes the power supply may be switched off, or a cable could be broken. In such a case you would need a garage door repair service to fix the issue.
4. Look inside the garage to see if there are any items in the way of the door. For doors that swing open upwards, an obstruction at the ground level could prevent it from doing so. If there is something that is holding on to the springs, the door will not work.
5. Check the automatic sensors to see if the light is on. If the light on the sensor is not blinking, it would need replacement. Also nothing should be obstructing the sensors and their path.
Trust the Experts on Garage Door Repair
The automatic garage doors work on simple mechanics. The door uses springs and mechanical pulleys to operate. So it is not very difficult to understand what is wrong with the door. While some minor problems can be easily fixed by you, replacement and other major repairs should not be attempted on a D-I-Y basis. The main reason is, these doors need to be fixed thoroughly. Garage doors are very heavy and if they fall they can injure a person very badly. Even if you're a mechanical expert, it is best if you have it inspected by professionals.
There are a few things that you can do by yourself like greasing the springs and the tractions. You can also occasionally fix the loose hinges, nuts and screws. When you are repairing the door yourself, always keep the manufacturer's manual handy and follow the instructions to a 'T.' When replacing the parts always use the original ones sold by the door manufacturer. Do not buy off the market add-ons as they may cause accidents and spoil the door.